South African Partners
To achieve its goals in South Africa, the Motsepe Foundation collaborates with many organisations, NGOs and government agencies, including:
- the Department of Women, Children and People with Disabilities;
- Government Communication and Information Systems;
- the Business Women’s Association;
- the African Women Chartered Accountants;
- the International Women’s Forum of South Africa;
- African Fashion International;
- the Clothing Bank;
- Mamelodi Sundowns Football Club;
- the Graça Machel Trust;
- the Ubuntu-Botho Community Development Trust;
- Sanlam Life Insurance Limited.
Through its collaboration with various international organisations, the Motsepe Foundation is further able to achieve its mission and goals.
The Motsepe Foundation is one of the founding members of the Ikoyi Initiative, launched on 2 December 2012 in Lagos, Nigeria. The Ikoyi Initiative aims to create a collaborative framework for emerging African-funded foundations so that they can work together to leave a lasting impact on the African continent and beyond. Other members of the Ikoyi Initiative include the Brenthurst Foundation, the FATE Foundation, the Kagiso Trust, the Kenya Community Development Foundation, the Made in Africa Foundation, the Mandela Children’s Fund, the Thabo Mbeki Foundation, the Tony Elumelu Foundation and the Wellbeing Foundation.
The Motsepe Foundation is also a member of the Global Philanthropy Circle, a dynamic network of philanthropic families dedicated to using their time, energy and resources to fight global poverty.